CDI College’s 5th annual charity Massage-a-Thon set for June 9, 2017

June 5, 2017 | Alberta

EDMONTON, AB - June 5, 2017 - Massage Therapy students at CDI College's Edmonton North campus are hosting the fifth annual Massage-a-thon on June 9, 2017, a fundraising event that has benefitted local charities throughout the city.

Students will be providing 20-minute massages for a minimum donation of $10 for anyone that drops in between 11am and 8pm. All proceeds from the massages, and other fundraising during the day, will go to the Edmonton Firefighter Burn Treatment Society (EFBTS)

“I first had the pleasure of meeting the students from the CDI College Massage Therapy program through their volunteer efforts at the Edmonton River Valley Offroad Triathlon and Duathlon,” said Rob McAdam, board member at the EFBTS. “So I was thrilled when they approached me to name the EFBTS as the charity of choice for the 2017 Massage-a-Thon.” 

In addition to the massages, there will be a barbecue, bake sale, dunk tank, and silent auction, featuring items donated by local businesses. Celebrity guests, including professional boxer Ryan Ford, will also be on hand. 

Since its inception in 2013, the Massage-a-Thon has raised more than $22,000 for Edmonton-area charities, including the Edmonton Food Bank, A Safe Place women's shelter, the Stollery Children's Hospital Foundation, and the Kids Kottage Foundation.  

For more information on the Massage-a-Thon, visit CDI College’s Facebook page or follow the event on social media using #CDICares.

Would you like to get more information or apply?

Click on the button below and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.