Things to do in Edmonton South
Students at the CDI College campus in Edmonton South have a wide range of activities to do in that region of the city.
The city of Edmonton has some of the most beautiful parks in North America and most of them are connected by cyclist and walking paths. One of the nicest urban parks in Edmonton South is William Hawrelak Park. In the summer months, this park is a popular picnic spot where Edmontonians can hike along the lakeshore, feed the ducks, or rent paddleboats for the afternoon.
Two of the city's popular festivals are held in the Heritage Amphitheatre as well: the Freewill Shakespeare Festival and the Edmonton Heritage Festival. In the winter, the lake becomes a huge outdoor skating rink while the rest of the park is used for cross-country skiing.
Equipped with a water playground, skatepark, and sports fields, Mill Woods Park is another popular outdoor space in Edmonton South. The park is home to the annual Canada Day celebration in July that draws over 100,000 people. In the winter months, Mill Woods Park is a popular destination for cross-country skiers and tobogganers.
Edmonton South also has several popular shopping destinations. The Old Strathcona district is considered to be among the 10 best shopping neighbourhoods in Canada. This region offers a diverse range of shops, cafes, and art galleries.
Shoppers can also check out more than 100 shops and services in South Edmonton Common, Canada's largest open-air retail space. Other shopping malls in Edmonton South include Mill Woods Town Centre and Southgate Centre.
Whyte Avenue has some of the most popular night spots in Edmonton with numerous pubs, night clubs, trendy restaurants, and cinemas.
Places to Volunteer in Edmonton South
- ABC Head Start Society
- Aboriginal Youth and Family Well-Being and Education Society
- Alberta Book Fair Society
- Alberta Cancer Foundation
- Alberta Caregivers Association
- Alberta Foodbank Network Association
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters Society of Edmonton and Area
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Edmonton Region
- Capital Health
- Casa Child, Adolescent and Family Mental Health
- Centre for Family Literacy Society of Alberta
- Film and Video Arts Society of Alberta
- Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation
- Habitat for Humanity - Edmonton Society
- Heritage Community Foundation
- HIV Network of Edmonton Society
- Humane Animal Rescue Team Society
- One Child's Village: A Global Orphans Foundation
- Primrose Place Family Centre Association
- Society for Safe and Caring Schools and Communities
- Sorrentino’s Compassion House
- Spirit Keeper Youth Society
- St Joseph's Auxiliary Hospital Foundation
- The Edmonton Folk Music Festival Society
- The Society of Beaux Esprits Playschool
- The Support Network - An Edmonton Society Responding to Personal and Community Needs
- The Works International Visual Arts Society
- United Way of Alberta, Capital Region
- Wecan Food Basket Society of Alberta
- Wildlife Rehabilitation Society of Edmonton
- Youth Emergency Shelter Society of Edmonton