March 15, 2010 | Alberta
Internet professionals can save businesses from online attacks
Edmonton, AB - March 15, 2010 - With the dawn of the information age, a new set of concerns came into play - namely the problems surrounding internet security. While the internet provides a quick and convenient connection to information that you may need, there's a chance that this information may be corrupted, misused, or lost.
In fact, at present, internet misuse and viruses cost businesses billions of dollars every year. Firewalls and anti-virus software are not sufficient to keep companies protected from these threats so Internet security business professionals are needed to help combat these issues.
Internet security professionals can do the following to help companies with internet security issues:
- Gauge a company's vulnerability to internet attacks
- Integrate security and encryption into software projects
- Analyse security problems and recommend solutions
- Analyse the security strengths and weaknesses of both network and software architecture
- Train individuals about IT security principles
As internet security threats are continuously changing, and unfortunately do not appear to be stopping anytime soon, a career in Internet Security promises to be an interesting one that will always be in demand.