Monday, September 26, 2011
Edmonton City Centre campus staff and faculty to sell pizza for a good cause
Edmonton, AB - September 26, 2011 - Leave your lunches at home on September 30, 2011 and pitch in to support a great cause. CDI College Edmonton City Centre campus staff and faculty will be selling Papa John’s pizzas in an Apprentice-style competition from 11:30am to 1:00pm in the downtown core.
Five separates teams will compete to see who can raise the most money for their individual charities. At the end of the day, cheques will be presented to Edmonton’s Youth Emergency Shelter, Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area, Edmonton Humane Society, Habitat for Humanity, and the Stollery Children’s Hospital.
“This is our first year hosting an Apprentice-style charity event, so we’re excited to get our campus involved with the community and support these great causes,” says CDI College Edmonton City Centre campus director Kyle Ferbey. “In addition to helping the community we live and work in, this event is a great opportunity to demonstrate to our students the benefits of helping those less fortunate.”
The staff and faculty members will compete against each other to sell as many pizzas as they can, for as much as they can, utilizing whatever creative selling strategy they can come up with. Each team will be stationed at various locations around downtown Edmonton, hoping to convince downtown workers, residents, businesses, and visitors to buy a pizza for charity.
Teams will also be encouraged to take to social media to spread the word about their challenge. At the end of the day, the team who has gotten the most buzz on Facebook and Twitter will be awarded an additional $500 to present to their charity.
- CDI Team LLL will be fundraising for the Youth Emergency Shelter outside the Citytv building at 102 St & Jasper Ave
- CDI Team Seedy Eyes will be fundraising for the Boys and Girls Club of Edmonton outside Scotia Place at 99 St & Jasper Ave
- CDI Team Bulbits will be fundraising for the Edmonton Humane Society at the south end of City Hall at 99 St & 102A Ave
- CDI Team Rooftoppers will be fundraising for Habitat for Humanity outside Commerce Place at 101 St & Jasper Ave
- CDI Team NRJ3=MC2 will be fundraising for Stollery Children’s Hospital at the south end of Sir Winston Churchill Square at 99 St & 102 Ave
Follow the action of the day on Facebook and Twitter. Stay tuned for a recap of the day's events in the coming week.