Friday, September 30, 2011
Edmonton, AB - September 30, 2011 – Five teams made up of staff and faculty from CDI College battled it out at various locations downtown today in an apprentice-style competition for charity. The winning team, Team Rooftoppers, raised $3,774.32 for Habitat for Humanity throughout the lunch hour and had the time of their lives.
Each team had to sell pizza
s donated from Papa Johns using whatever creative strategy they could execute during the one-and-a-half hour competition.
“This event definitely exceeded my expectations and I am so proud of both my staff and Edmontonians for stepping up to the plate to help out some well-deserving charities,” stated Kyle Ferbey, CDI College Edmonton City Centre Campus Director. “In addition to helping the community we live and work in, I think our team members set a great example for our students on how important it is to give back.”
All teams did a fantastic job raising money and profile for their charity of choice.
- CDI Team Rooftoppers (Habitat for Humanity) = $3,774.32
- CDI Team NRJ3=MC2 (Stollery Children’s Hospital) = $2,184.23
- CDI Team Seedy Eyes (Boys & Girls Clubs Big Brothers Big Sisters of Edmonton & Area) = $1,637.00
- CDI Team LLL (Youth Emergency Shelter) = $1,365.22
- CDI Team Bulbits (Edmonton Humane Society) = $1,156.26
Based on the success of this year’s event, Ferbey hopes to be able to turn this into an annual event and perhaps expand it by involving campuses and students from across the country.
Interested in learning more about CDI College? Fill out the form to your right or join us on Facebook and Twitter!