October 21, 2020 | Alberta
The rapid growth of online learning has created exciting opportunities for college students in Canada. With digital education, you get a flexible schedule, spend less time commuting, and you can study in a setting that suits you.
However, as with any new way of doing things, there are challenges. When you aren’t on campus, it can be difficult to stay motivated or feel connected with classmates and instructors. So here are some tips from CDI College’s student services team to help you succeed with your online studies:
- Set up a designated space in your home where you can study and complete assignments.
- Check in on your course every day. You’ll avoid missing important announcements or deadlines.
- Attend any live sessions your instructor holds to answer any questions and review course material.
- Ensure you have a strong and reliable Internet connection. Check with your home service provider or, if safe to do so, visit a library or other public space with WiFi.
- Create a study schedule with to-do lists and deadlines. Add in some wiggle room in case an unexpected event gets in the way of your coursework.
- Keep in touch with your classmates. Form a study group or communicate in the online forums.
- If you have questions, email your instructor or look into scheduling a virtual meeting.
Online learning is a flexible and convenient way to advance your education. Follow the tips above, and you’ll be on your way to student success.
To learn about your digital training options, visit CDI College’s online programs page.