February 27, 2017 | QuebecQuebec City, QC - February 27, 2017 - The most recent graduation ceremony for students from the Québec City campus took place a few days ago, on Thursday February 23.
During this emotional evening, no fewer than 130 students officially received their DVS or ACS, in front of an enthusiastic crowd made up of parents, friends, instructors and administrative staff from CDI College.
The purpose of the ceremony was to celebrate the success and highlight the hard work of our newest graduates. On this occasion, seven students who had distinguished themselves were awarded certificates of excellence in recognition of their academic results, attendance, community involvement and positive attitude. They are :
- Alexe Carrier-Nadeau (Specialist in Applied Information Technology - LCE.3V Option: Medical Office Assistant)
- Émilie Grenier-Boily (Early Childhood Education - JEE.13)
- Maxime Forget (Financial Management - LEA.AC)
- Marie-Claude Hamel (Assistance in Health Care Facilities - 5316)
- Isabelle Léveillée (Financial Management - LEA.AC)
- Krystel Talbot (Early Childhood Education - JEE.13)
- Martin Tremblay (Network and Internet Security Specialist – LEA.AE)
The climax of the evening was reached when the Henrick Lachance-Laberge Prize was awarded to a student who had shown determination and perseverance throughout his or her academic journey. Henrick Lachance-Laberge was a student from the Quebec City campus who, after a long battle, lost his fight against cancer on December 12, 2016. Despite the obstacles, Henrick had chosen not to give up and to complete his studies at all costs. An honorary degree was given to his Henrick’s mother who was present at the ceremony.
The Henrick Lachance-Laberge Prize was then awarded, for the very first time, to Emmanuelle Bergeron (Specialist in Applied Information Technology - LCE.3V Option: Medical Office Assistant), a cancer survivor herself, in order to recognize her courage and tenacity in the face of adversity. CDI College also awarded Emmanuelle a $500 scholarship during the ceremony.
We take this opportunity to wish the best of luck to all our newest graduates!
Make sure to visit our Facebook page or our YouTube channel for images of the ceremony!