Early childhood education jobs are fun and rewarding. CDI College's Early Childhood Education - JEE.13 program will prepare you for a career working with children.
The program covers child development, relationships, activities and lesson plans. Students will be taught to organize fine arts, expressive arts, health and safety, storytelling, and self-esteem building lessons for small children. Interpersonal communications, organizational skills, and stress and time management skill are also developed.
Students gain hands-on experience through a practicum. Graduates of this program will be qualified for roles in daycares or may seek work in other child-oriented service centres.
CDI College's Early Childhood Education - JEE.13 program allows students to:
- plan and organize activities for pre-school and school-age children (0-12 years of age in Canada);
- provide care and guidance to children under the supervision of certified early childhood educators;
- lead children in activities that promote their intellectual, physical and emotional growth; and
- stimulate psychomotor, emotional, language, social, and moral development while preparing children for life in society.
- Secondary V diploma
- Successful admission test
- Criminal Reference Check
- 1.5 years (14 to 16 months) OR 2 years (24 months)
Conditions for admission to an Attestation of College Studies (ACS)
- the candidate interrupted his or her studies for at least two consecutive semesters or one school year;
- the candidate is covered by an agreement concluded between the college and an employer or by a government program;
- the candidate has completed at least one year of post-secondary studies spread out over a period of one or more years.
To graduate, students must obtain the required pass mark in each course.