Things to do in St-Leonard
In Anjou, there are tons of things to keep you busy. Like Montreal’s city centre, Anjou has a variety of shopping areas including Galeries d’Anjou, one of East Montreal’s largest shopping centres and Place Versailles. Each mall has a variety of clothing stores, electronic shops, and restaurants to check out.
Looking for something a little more culinary? Marché les Halles d’Anjou is a foodie’s paradise! This public market is open year-round and offers delicious local treats including chocolate, cheese, baked goods, and much more.
For those wanting a little more adventure, the Montreal Insectarium and Montreal Biodome may be more up your alley. Boasting 160,000 specimens, the Insectarium is considered North America’s largest insect museum. Discover creepy crawlies from around the world and check out the live anthill and beehives! The Montreal Biodome takes things to another level and allows you to explore some of Canada’s most breathtaking flora and fauna. From the Laurentian Maple Forest to the Labrador Coast, you’ll see these complex ecosystems up close and personal.
Burn off that excess energy at Anjou’s own Sportira Cage. The 10,000-square foot facility is home to several indoor soccer fields and basketball courts, available to rent for any size group.
Places to Volunteer in St-Leonard
- Blue Metropolis Foundation / Fondation Metropolis bleu
- Le Mois de la Photo
- Amnesty International / Amnistie internationale, Section canadienne francophone
- Mile-End Community Mission /Mission communautaire Mile-End
- Revivre - Association québécoise de soutien aux personnes souffrant de troubles anxieux, depressifs ou bipolaires
- The Little Elves Foundation/Fondation Les P'tits Lutins
- Canadian Cancer Society/Société canadienne du cancer
- Canadian Hemophilia Society/Société canadienne de l'hémophilie
- Project Seanergy Foundation