Dental Assistant Instructor
We are happy to say that we are lookingfor an“Dental Assistant Instructor" to join CDI College at Surrey, BC.
Position Job Title: Dental Assistant InstructorLocation:Surrey, BCReports to:Campus DirectorWork Type:OnsiteWorking hours:8 am- 4pm or 10am -6pm shift, depending on the need, flexible. Pay:$30-32 depending on credentials
WHAT WILL YOU DO?
Specifically, the Instructor will be responsible for:
- Delivering instruction that meets module and program objectives as set out in the curriculum
- Evaluating student performance fairly and consistently
- Contributing to the development of curriculum and instructional materials
- Supporting the administrative functions of the campus to enhance the student experience
- Acting in a manner that upholds the College standards
- Participating in College and Program Activities
- Monitoring and reviewing students during practicum and/or clinical placements, as program requires
To be successful in the Instructor position, individuals must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
Education and Experience:
- Degree or diploma from a recognized university (or) college recognized by CDI College in Dental and/or Dental Assisting
- Two full-time or more years' experience in a related field
- Teaching experience in an institution of higher education is preferred
- Willing to go through instructor education training
- Current Practicing Certified Dental Assistant status with CDSBC
- BC Provincial Instructor’ Diploma or equivalent, preferred
- Individual scope of practice must include any skills which they may be instructing in the clinic
- National Dental Assisting Examining Board certificate is preferred
Skills and Abilities:
- Relevant industry skills and knowledge relating to the area of instruction, including ongoing professional development and continuous improvement.
- Interest in pedagogical and multi-modal education approaches an asset.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including presentation and group facilitation.
- Ability to motivate and inspire students.
- High standards of behaviour, a professional attitude and commitment to quality service.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other instructors and staff.
- Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of students, to provide feedback and treat students equitably.
- Learn and use technology to enhance the student learning experience.
For more than 50 years, CDI College has been one of the leading career training institutions in Canada, thanks to its commitment to quality education and the success of its students. Our rich history includes alumni of thousands of successful graduates who embark on careers rich in opportunity. We are happy to say that we are looking for an experienced and CDSBC Certified Dental Assistant to join ourInstructorteam! This is a full-time opportunity with an attractive compensation and extended health and dental package.
The purpose of the Instructor is to lead and contribute to the academic success of students and to the success of the College in achieving its statement of purpose. Under general direction, the Instructor is responsible for providing quality instruction and facilitating student learning according to the prescribed curriculum.