Algonquin College has partnered with CDI College to offer an innovative approach to post-secondary education in Canada for International students. Algonquin College programs will be delivered by CDI College at campuses in the Greater Toronto Area starting in Mississauga in Fall 2022. Students who complete an Algonquin College program of study through CDI College will graduate with an Algonquin College credential. This program delivery model provides the perfect opportunity to leverage Algonquin College’s reputable experiential and theoretical learning all while enjoying Canada’s largest metropolitan area.
Information on the programs available, campus locations and start dates can be found here: https://www.algonquincollege.com/international/program/.
Career and Employment Services
CDI College’s Employment Services team is available to provide support to international students. The Employment Services team can provide assistance with resume building, interview preparation, and job sourcing. These services are available up to six months after graduation.
The Employment Services team can be reached at email@example.com
Academic Advising and Student Success
CDI College provides access to resources to support academic success. This includes study spaces such as a dedicated student lounge and the campus Learning Centre, which is equipped with computers, software, and other tools to help with assignments.
Instructional resources are available in the form of office hours. Additional support can be arranged if required. CDI College support staff are also available to provide options for counselling and wellness programs if necessary.
For more information on academic advising and student success services, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Academic Accessibility Services
CDI College offers equal learning opportunities for people of all skills and abilities. Academic accommodations for students with disabilities are available as needed to support student success.
Students must disclose their disability and complete a Learning Accommodation Request Form. Once reviewed, the student will meet with the Campus Director or designate to discuss accommodation requests, which are reviewed on a case-by-case basis.
For any questions are concerns, students can contact email@example.com
Learning Resources/Library Services
Access to digital learning resources will be provided upon sign-in to the LMS. Students will purchase books from Algonquin College directly.
At CDI College, we offer an exclusive alumni community with access to industry insights, job opportunities, and career advancement strategies. We also offer a place to reconnect and network with former classmates on LinkedIn. CDI College alumni are also able to utilize our services with Resume Target for up to six months after graduation, which includes access to over 600 resume and cover letter templates.
For more information on connecting with alumni services, email firstname.lastname@example.org
Health Services and Insurance
As a full-time international student paying international student fees and studying at Algonquin College on a study permit, you are entitled to receive health insurance coverage. Health Insurance is included in your tuition as a full-time student. Your health insurance provider is guard.me – International Insurance.
For healthcare resources, please utilize the below links to find local healthcare facilities.
- Telehealth Ontario: https://www.ontario.ca/page/get-medical-advice-telehealth-ontario
- Find healthcare providers in your area: https://www.ontario.ca/locations/health/
CDI College provides an onboarding program for all of its new students, which includes friendly guides, orientation videos and presentations, campus tours, on-call technical support, and a dedicated team of individuals to bring students onboard.
Live, virtual pre-arrival orientations will be available on select campuses for students to ask questions and become acquainted with the process.
Once registered, an orientation course for international students will be available in the Learning Management System and will cover success strategies and key information regarding life in Canada. This orientation will be offered at the beginning of every semester at designated intervals, for all international students.
CDI College will also offer ongoing webinars for international students and virtual support from our international student services team.
Students can contact email@example.com at any time for additional support.
Immigration Support & International Students
Students come to CDI College to advance their education and prepare for career success. International students receive high-quality instruction while experiencing the many benefits of studying in Canada. CDI College provides access to immigration advising to assist with immigration requirements.
Immigration advising provided by Regulated Canadian Immigration Consultants (RCIC) include:
- Study permit extension applications
- Co-op or internship work permit applications
- Replacements or amendments of temporary resident permits
RCIC certfied staff are regulated by The College of Immigration and Citizenship Consultants (CICC)
- International Admission Coordinator, RCIC – Rana Salem - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Assistant director of Admissions, RCIC – Tamara Karagic – email@example.com
Housing Support Services
As an international student you will be responsible for confirming your rental accommodations before your arrival in Ontario. CDI College does not offer student housing.
You will have access to a Housing Support Coordinator who will provide you with information on accommodation options. For information on accommodations in the area, please refer to the list below.
- Canada Homestay International http://canadahomestaynetwork.ca/for-students/
- CAPREIT https://www.caprent.com/
- Rent Faster https://www.rentfaster.ca/
- RentSpot https://rentspot.com/
- Rentseeker http://www.rentseeker.ca/
Additional information about renting in Ontario can be found here:
- Government of Ontario Information for Landlords & Tenants: https://www.ontario.ca/page/renting-ontario-your-rights
- Community Legal Education Ontario (CLEO): https://www.cleo.on.ca/en/resources-and-publications/
- Steps To Justice: https://stepstojustice.ca/
- Landlord & Tenant Tribunal: https://tribunalsontario.ca/ltb/help-for-tenants/
There are a number of tools available to help you plan your budget and estimate your cost of living including:
- Costs of Living In Ontario: https://settlement.org/ontario/housing/living-in-ontario/#LIVE_COST
- Government of Ontario https://www.ontario.ca/page/getting-settled-ontario
- Numbeo https://www.numbeo.com/cost-of-living/in/Mississauga
For questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
All quarantine accommodations for students and any arriving family members are arranged by CDI College and align with the federal and provincial requirements. The College will ensure that all accommodation options meet the federal and provincial requirements for quarantine, including if the student chooses to quarantine in their own private accommodations.
CDI College will offer:
- Relocation support by identifying potential neighbourhoods and places to live, and review of sites to search.
Accommodation Services - Quarantine Requirement
HOTEL AVAILABILITY NEAR TORONTO PEARSON AIRPORT (rates subject to change)
Hotel Name: Best Western Plus Toronto Airport
Address: 5825 Dixie Road, Mississauga ON L4W 4V7
- Rates available from CAD $79 to $97 per night, plus taxes and fees
- Deposit of $150 for the quarantine period
- Extra towels and sheets will be placed at the front of the door
Hotel Name: DoubleTree by Hilton Toronto Airport West
Address: 5444 Dixie Rd, Mississauga, ON L4W 2L2
- Rates available from CAD $85 per night, plus taxes and fees
- No room service: all amenities available at the front desk
- Boxed meals can be provided: $20 per meal
- Kitchen will open in the middle of August
- Airport Shuttle every 40 minutes
- Ordered food can be dropped off at the front desk
Hotel Name: Element Toronto Airport
Address: 6257 Airport Rd, Mississauga, ON L4V 1E4
- Rates available for King Room: CAD$99 per room per night, plus taxes and fees
- Add breakfast, lunch and dinner for $50 per day, plus 13% tax and 15% service charge.
- Price includes complimentary high-speed internet access and complimentary airport shuttle.
- Guest Suites feature separate living area, kitchenette with microwave, stovetop, mini fridge, cookware/dinnerware, coffee maker, purified water filtration dispenser, and in-room safe.
- 48 Hour Cancellation policy in effect. Minimum 14-night stay.
Hotel Name: Hilton Toronto Airport Hotel & Suites
Address: 5875 Airport Road, Mississauga ON L4V 1N1
- Rates available for Standard Room: CAD$80 per room per night, plus taxes and fees
- Add breakfast for $8 per day, lunch for $12 per day and dinner for $20 per day, plus 13% tax (service charge waived).
- Price includes complimentary high-speed internet access, complimentary parking and complimentary airport shuttle. Rooms feature in-room safe and coffeemaker. Daily newspaper available upon request.
48 Hour Cancellation policy in effect. Minimum 14-night stay.