Medical Laboratory Coordinator
For more than 50 years, CDI College has been one of the leading career training institutions in Canada, thanks to its commitment to quality education and the success of its students. Our rich history includes alumni of thousands of successful graduates who embark on careers rich in opportunity.We are happy to say that we are looking for an experienced and registered MLT join our Medical Laboratory Assistant / Technician Instructor team!
The purpose of the Instructor is to lead and contribute to the academic success of students and to the success of the College in achieving its statement of purpose. Under general direction, the Instructor is responsible for providing quality instruction and facilitating student learning according to the prescribed curriculum.Important information to know before applying.1.Registered Medical Laboratory Technologist designation required.2. Schedule required ( 4 days a week. ) 2 days 9 AM to 2PM and 2 days 5PM to 10PM.3. Hourly rate : 30-35$ depending on experience.
Specifically, the Instructor will be responsible for:
- Delivering instruction that meets module and program objectives as set out in the curriculum
- Evaluating student performance fairly and consistently
- Contributing to the development of curriculum and instructional materials
- Supporting the administrative functions of the campus to enhance the student experience
- Acting in a manner that upholds the College standards
- Participating in College and Program Activities
- Monitoring and reviewing students during practicum and/or clinical placements, as program requires
To be successful in the Instructor position, individuals must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
Education and Experience:
- CSMLS certified.
- Degree or diploma from a recognized University or College in a relevant discipline.
- Two or more years' experience in a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Registered Medical Laboratory Technologist designation strongly preferred
- A credential in adult education or in progress from an accredited post-secondary institution, and/or teaching experience is preferred.
- Satisfy specific position qualifications as prescribed in program design and program approval for the instruction of the courses.
Skills and Abilities:
- Relevant industry skills and knowledge relating to the area of instruction, including ongoing professional development and continuous improvement.
- Interest in pedagogical and multi-modal education approaches an asset.
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including presentation and group facilitation.
- Ability to motivate and inspire students.
- High standards of behaviour, a professional attitude and commitment to quality service.
- Ability to work cooperatively with other instructors and staff.
- Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings and capabilities of students, to provide feedback and treat students equitably.
- Learn and use technology to enhance the student learning experience.