Educational Assistant Instructor
We are happy to say that we are lookingfor anexperiencedEducational Assistant Instructor to join our team at CDI College - Winnipeg, Manitoba.Reporting to:The Campus Director and Program CoordinatorHours: 8 am to 12pm (noon)Software Knowledge:Microsoft Suite, OutlookAddress:280 Main St, Winnipeg, MB R3C 1A9Pay: 24-28/hrWHAT WILL YOU DO?
Specifically, the Instructor will be responsible for:
- Delivering instruction that meets module and program objectives as set out in the curriculum
- Evaluating student performance fairly and consistently
- Developing practicum sites and placing students into the practicum
- Supporting the administrative functions of the campus to enhance the student experience
- Acting in a manner that upholds the College standards
- Participating in College and Program Activities
- Monitoring and reviewing students during practicum, as program requires
WHY ARE YOU A GREAT FIT?
To be successful in the Instructor position, individuals must be committed to developing, maintaining and demonstrating the following:
Education and Experience:
- Degree or diploma from a recognized university or College in a relevant discipline
- Two or more years' experience in a related field, or the equivalent combination of education and experience
- A credential in adult education or in progress from an accredited post-secondary institution, and/or teaching experience is preferred
- Satisfy specific position/qualifications as prescribed in program design and program approval for the instruction of the courses
Skills and Abilities:
- Relevant industry skills and knowledge relating to the area of instruction
- Advanced oral and written communication skills, including presentation and group facilitation
- Ability to motivate and inspire students
- Demonstrate and encourage high standards of behaviour, a professional attitude, and commitment to quality service
- Ability to work cooperatively with other instructors and staff
- Ability to consider and respond appropriately to the needs, feelings, and capabilities of students, to provide feedback and treat students equitably
- Teach the prescribed curriculum and courses as approved
- Commitment to remain current in area of study including ongoing professional development and continuous improvement.
- Ability to travel and visit practicum sites on a regular basis.
WHY JOIN US?
For more than 50 years, CDI College has been one of the leading career training institutions in Canada, thanks to its commitment to quality education and the success of its students. Our rich history includes alumni of thousands of successful graduates who embark on careers rich in opportunity.