August 17, 2015 | British Columbia
CDI COLLEGE ("THE COLLEGE") CONTEST RULES
The Open House Scholarship Contest (the “Contest”) begins August 27, 2015 at 5:30 pm and ends on August 27, 2015 at 10:00pm (the “Contest Period”). The deadline for receiving Contest entries is 10:00pm on August 27 (the “Entry Deadline”). The Contest is sponsored by Vancouver Career College (Burnaby) Inc. (the “Contest Sponsor”). No purchase is necessary to enter. Entry in the Contest constitutes acceptance of the terms, conditions and provisions set out below.
1. HOW TO ENTER
1.1 Eligible individuals may enter the Contest in any one of the following ways:
(a) Customers who attend the College’s open house on August 27, 2015 at any location during the Contest Period will be enrolled in the Contest provided they have completed and submitted an entry form available at any College Campus on or before the Entry Deadline.
(b) You may enter the Contest with no purchase necessary by sending a 3” x 5” card with your handwritten name, address and telephone number and valid email address to 1800 – 400 Burrard Street, Vancouver BC, V6C 3A6 on or before the Entry Deadline. Upon receipt of your entry, you will be automatically enrolled in the Contest. To be eligible, your entry must be received by the Contest Sponsor on or before the Entry Deadline. No typed, facsimile, mechanically printed, or mechanically reproduced entries will be accepted. Only one entry per household will be accepted.
2.1 The prizes to be awarded consist of:
- One $1,000 scholarship to be used toward tuition of a program offer by the College.
- The retail value of the prizes to be awarded is $1,000.
- There will be one (1) $1,000 scholarship awarded at each College campus.
2.2 The odds of winning prizes is approximately:
- The odds of winning will depend on the number of products purchased during the Contest Period and/or the number of qualifying entries received.
2.3 A random draw will take place before September 3, 2015 in Vancouver, B.C. from all eligible entries. Odds of an entry being selected depend on the number of eligible entries. The selected entrant will be notified by telephone and three (3) attempts will be made to contact the selected entrant. If a selected entrant cannot be contacted in the manner described above, or if a selected entrant is not eligible or otherwise does not comply with the Contest Rules, their entry will be declared void and a further entry will be randomly selected.
2.4 To claim any prize, a selected entrant will be required:
- to start a program at the College by January 29, 2016;
- to meet all entrance requirements or course prerequisites for the Colleges program selected;
- to successfully completed the College program enrolled into;
- to correctly answer, without assistance of any kind, whether mechanical or otherwise, a time-limited mathematical skill-testing question; and
- to sign and return a release of liability releasing the Contest Sponsor, its affiliates and subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, any judge or judges appointed by the Contest Sponsor, and in each case their respective directors, officers, owners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, from any liability in connection with the Contest or the acceptance, possession or use of the prize; and
2.5 If a selected entrant is ineligible, or fails to comply with the provisions described above within the proscribed time limit, the prize may be forfeited.
2.6 All prizes must be accepted as awarded. Prizes are not transferable or convertible into cash. No transfer, substitution or conversion of prizes will be allowed, except by the Contest Sponsor as described below.
2.7 Except as expressly represented or warranted herein, all prizes are provided to winners “as is” without any additional or further representation or warranty of any kind.
2.8 No interest will be paid on any cash prizes.
2.9 The scholarship amount can only be put towards tuition; the scholarship amount will not cover books, student fees, or any other items or charges.
2.10 All taxes, fees, and surcharges on prizes are the sole responsibility of the prize winner.
2.11 The Contest Sponsor reserves the right to substitute any and all prizes for prizes of equal retail value in the event that the intended prizes become unavailable for any reason beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor.
3.1 The Contest is open only to legal residents of Canada. The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
3.2 Participants under (18) years of age must be eighteen (18) years of age or older at the time a prize will be applied against their tuition.
3.3 Employees, agents and representatives of the Contest Sponsor, their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, the immediate family members of the foregoing, and those with whom any of the foregoing are domiciled, are not eligible.
4. GENERAL PROVISIONS
4.1 By submitting an entry or claiming a prize, the participant agrees to be bound by all of the terms, conditions and provisions set out in these Contest Rules.
4.2 The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, provincial and municipal laws and regulations.
4.3 All decisions of the Contest Sponsor, and any judge or judges appointed by the Contest Sponsor, with respect to any aspect of the Contest shall be final and without appeal.
4.4 The Contest Sponsor accepts no liability whatsoever arising in respect of the participation in the Contest by any individual or the awarding or use of any prize.
4.5 A maximum of one prize will be awarded Contest entry. A maximum of one prize will be awarded to an individual.
4.6 A list of official Contest winners may be obtained by sending a self-addressed stamped envelope, during the one-year period commencing one month following the completion of the Contest Period to 2015 Open House Contest c/o Campus Support 1800 – 400 Burrard Street, Vancouver, BC, V6C 3A6.
4.7 All entries and prize claims become the sole and exclusive property of the Contest Sponsor and will not be returned.
4.8 In the event that circumstances beyond the reasonable control of the Contest Sponsor result in the determination by the Contest Sponsor, in its sole discretion, that the fairness or integrity of the Contest has been materially compromised, the Contest Sponsor reserves the right to suspend, delay or terminate the Contest.
4.9 Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest by a resident of the Province of Quebec may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a prize may be submitted to the Régie only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
5.1 By entering into the Contest, you consent to the collection, use and sharing of information about you:
- between the Contest Sponsor and its agents and representatives for the sole purpose of administering the Contest;
- to initiate, maintain and develop a relationship with you in connection with the offering of goods or services of the Contest Sponsor;
- to make available to you from time to time information, promotional material and other material which may be of interest to you; and
5.2 By entering into the Contest, you consent to the use and disclosure of your name and photograph, without compensation, by the Contest Sponsor for the purposes of the disclosure of the identity of prize winners and for the general promotional purposes of the Contest Sponsor in connection with the Contest without further compensation other than the prize offered.
6. LIMITATIONS ON LIABILITY
6.1 The Contest Sponsor, its affiliates and subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, any judge or judges appointed by the Contest Sponsor, and in each case their respective directors, officers, owners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, shall not, in any circumstances whatsoever, be liable for:
- any cost, liability, expense, injury, damage or claim of any kind, arising in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy; or
- any incidental, consequential, special or indirect damages, even if they have been advised of the possibility of such damages.
6.2 The Contest Sponsor will not be liable for late, lost, invalid, ineligible, illegible, incomplete, stolen, misdirected or postage due entries or prize claims.
6.3 The Contest Sponsor, assumes no responsibility for any problems or technical malfunction of any telephone network, telephone lines, computer online systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, software, or the failure of any entry or prize claim to be received by the Contest Sponsor on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the internet or at any website, or any combination thereof.
7.1 By entering into the Contest, each participant releases and holds harmless the Contest Sponsor, its affiliates and subsidiaries, advertising and promotional agencies, any judge or judges appointed by the Contest Sponsor, and in each case their respective directors, officers, owners, employees, agents, representatives, successors and assigns, from any and all liability in connection with the Contest or resulting from acceptance, possession or use of any prize including, without limitation, personal injury, death, and property damage, and claims based on publicity rights, defamation, or invasion of privacy.