Program Duration: 12 weeks
The Computerized Accounting & Bookkeeping online certificate program focuses on providing you with a solid foundation in accounting and bookkeeping theory and practice.
In addition, this program provides extensive practice using and Sage 50 accounting software used by small to medium size businesses. Accounting principles and practices are based on what is currently acceptable in Canada.
Upon successful completion of this program, you will be able to:
- Define the role of accounting in the business environment
- Use standard accounting methods and tools to record business transactions
- Use general journal and special journals
- Perform accounting for receivables
- Set up payroll and add employees
- Manage banking, credit cards, and tax scenarios
- Set up inventory, vendors, and customers
- Set up a computerized accounting system for a company using Sage 50 Accounting
- Record basic transactions including vendor purchases and payments, account and cash sales, receipts and payments, and credit card receipts and payments
- High school graduation or equivalent*
- Mature student status**
*From an English-language teaching institution.
**19 years of age upon starting classes and Pass the college's admissions test.
This program has been approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training.