Early childhood education jobs are fun and rewarding. CDI
College's Early Childhood Education - JEE.13 program will prepare you
for a career working with children.
The program covers child development, relationships, activities
and lesson plans. Students will be taught to organize fine arts,
expressive arts, health and safety, storytelling, and self-esteem
building lessons for small children. Interpersonal communications,
organizational skills, and stress and time management skill are also
Students gain hands-on experience through a practicum.
Graduates of this program will be qualified for roles in daycares or may
seek work in other child-oriented service centres.
CDI College's Early Childhood Education - JEE.13 program allows students to:
- plan and organize activities for pre-school and school-age children (0-12 years of age in Canada);
- provide care and guidance to children under the supervision of certified early childhood educators;
- lead children in activities that promote their intellectual, physical and emotional growth; and
- stimulate psychomotor, emotional, language, social, and moral development while preparing children for life in society.
Conditions for admission to an Attestation of College Studies (ACS)
- Secondary V diploma
- Successful admission test
In addition to meeting the college's requirements, applicants must satisfy one of the following conditions:
- the candidate interrupted his or her studies for at least two consecutive semesters or one school year;
- the candidate is covered by an agreement concluded between the college and an employer or by a government program;
- the candidate has completed at least one year of post-secondary studies spread out over a period of one or more years.
To graduate, students must obtain the required pass mark in each course.
This vocational program leads to an ACS (Attestation of College Studies) recognized by the Ministère de l'Éducation et de l'Enseignement Supérieur (MEES) (Permit 749747).