The financial management industry is fast-paced and competitive. You need a strong education in practical accounting and management in order to succeed. CDI College`s Financial Management - LEA.AC program provides hands-on training in the key areas of financial management such as computerized accounting systems, financial analysis and information systems management.
You will develop an understanding of personal financial planning, taxation, marketing and business software. The program gives you a strong understanding of the legal and ethical implications of financial and wealth management, along with payroll and other key business concepts. You will also participate in two separate end of studies project or a practicum placement, which will give you the opportunity to put your classroom education to work in a real world workplace.
- Secondary V diploma
- Successful admission test
Total Program Hours
- 1020 hours
Conditions for admission to an Attestation of College Studies (ACS)
- the candidate interrupted his or her studies for at least two consecutive semesters or one school year;
- the candidate is covered by an agreement concluded between the college and an employer or by a government program;
- the candidate has completed at least one year of post-secondary studies spread out over a period of one or more years.
To graduate, students must obtain the required pass mark in each course.
PCP certification requires four core courses and one year of related work experience. The requirements are as follows:
- Payroll Compliance Legislation
- Payroll Fundamentals 1
- Payroll Fundamentals 2
- Introduction to Accounting (offered at post-secondary institutions)
- Application for recognition of professional experience (DREP) with a minimum of one year of work experience in the field of payroll.
A minimum pass grade of 65% is required for each course (including Introduction to Accounting). A combination of payroll education and payroll work experience ensures PCP certification is highly valued by employers.
*CPA is the only association offering payroll accreditation programs in Canada.