Things to do in Anjou
In Anjou, there are tons of things to keep you busy. Like
Montreal’s city centre, Anjou has a variety of shopping areas including Galeries d’Anjou, one of East Montreal’s largest shopping centres and Place Versailles. Each mall has a variety of clothing stores, electronic shops, and restaurants to check out.
Looking for something a little more culinary? Marché les Halles d’Anjou
is a foodie’s paradise! This public market is open year-round and
offers delicious local treats including chocolate, cheese, baked goods, and much more.
For those wanting a little more adventure, the Montreal Insectarium and
Montreal Biodome may be more up your alley. Boasting 160,000 specimens,
the Insectarium is considered North America’s largest insect museum.
Discover creepy crawlies from around the world and check out the live
anthill and beehives! The Montreal Biodome takes things to
another level and allows you to explore some of Canada’s most
breathtaking flora and fauna. From the Laurentian Maple Forest to the
Labrador Coast, you’ll see these complex ecosystems up close and
Burn off that excess energy at Anjou’s own Sportira Cage. The
10,000-square foot facility is home to several indoor soccer fields and
basketball courts, available to rent for any size group.
Places to Volunteer in Anjou
- Blue Metropolis Foundation / Fondation Metropolis Bleu
- Le Mois de la Photo
- Amnesty International / Amnistie Internationale, Section Canadienne Francophone
- Mile-End Community Mission /Mission Communautaire Mile-End
- Revivre - Association Quebecoise de Soutien aux Personnes Souffrant de Troubles Anxieux, Depressifs
- The Little Elves Foundation/Fondation Les P'tits Lutins
- Canadian Cancer Society/Societe Canadienne du Cancer
- Canadian Hemophilia Society/Societe Canadienne de l'Homophilie
- Project Seanergy Foundation