"I inspire my students by having fun! Laugher relaxes people and gets them thinking while learning." - Tara M., Addictions and Community Services Instructor
If you're looking for an excellent way to strengthen your skills, build new ones and gain some experience, you should consider volunteering with a local charity or non-profit organization. Volunteering is a great way to give back to your community and meet new people. In addition, volunteer experience looks impressive on a resume.
Do you want to volunteer? Here are a few organizations in Ajax that may use your help.
- Ajax Pickering Hospital
- Ajax Public Library
- Durham Youth Housing and Support Services
- Girls Incorporated of Durham
- Helping Hands, Where Community Concerns Matter
- The Barbara Black Centre for Youth Resources
- The Hanuman Temple and Center for Religious and Cultural Research