Increasing demand in recent years highlights a growing need for qualified personnel to work with young children as early childhood educators. Those jobs offer challenging and rewarding opportunities for people who want to play a part in children’s development and be helpful in their communities.
In CDI College's Early Childhood Education Post Basic program, students learn how to engage children in many different social and creative activities to facilitate their intellectual and social development. They are also taught classroom management, curriculum planning, and daycare administration.
As part of the program, students will be required to complete practica in various settings to develop and implement comprehensive projects that demonstrate their advanced knowledge as well as gain practical experience.
As part of this program, students will be required to complete observation assignments that will take place in real-world childcare settings, which will be used to complete assignments. These observations hours required by the Ministry of Children & Family Development.
The Early Childhood Education Post Basic program is an extension of the Early Childhood Education program. Students who wish to pursue their diploma in ECE Post Basic will graduate with specializations in both Infant/Toddler and Special Needs.
- High school graduation or equivalent, or mature student status.
- Pass college admissions test.
- Criminal record check (in accordance with the Criminal Records Review Act).
- Immunization report (form provided by the college).
- Interview with campus director, program coordinator, or designate.
- Current resume (record of work history).
- Three character references.
- Completion of a Basic Early Childhood Education program from an accredited college.
*From an English-language teaching institution.
**19 years of age upon starting classes and Pass the college's English admissions test.
This program has been approved by the registrar of the Private Training Institutions Branch (PTIB) of the Ministry of Advanced Education, Skills and Training.