Things to do in Edmonton South
Students at the CDI College campus in Edmonton South have a wide range of activities to do in that region of the city.
The city of Edmonton has some of the most beautiful parks in North America and most of them are connected by cyclist and walking paths. One of the nicest urban parks in Edmonton South is William Hawrelak Park. In the summer months, this park is a popular picnic spot where Edmontonians can hike along the lakeshore, feed the ducks, or rent paddleboats for the afternoon. Two of the city's popular festivals are held in the Heritage Amphitheatre as well: the Freewill Shakespeare Festival and the Edmonton Heritage Festival. In the winter, the lake becomes a huge outdoor skating rink while the rest of the park is used for cross-country skiing.
Equipped with a water playground, skatepark, and sports fields, Mill Woods Park is another popular outdoor space in Edmonton South. The park is home to the annual Canada Day celebration in July that draws over 100,000 people. In the winter months, Mill Woods Park is a popular destination for cross-country skiers and tobogganers.
Edmonton South also has several popular shopping destinations. The Old Strathcona district is considered to be among the 10 best shopping neighbourhoods in Canada. This region offers a diverse range of shops, cafes, and art galleries.
Shoppers can also check out more than 100 shops and services in South Edmonton Common, Canada's largest open-air retail space. Other shopping malls in Edmonton South include Mill Woods Town Centre and Southgate Centre.
Whyte Avenue has some of the most popular night spots in Edmonton with numerous pubs, night clubs, trendy restaurants, and cinemas.
Places to Volunteer in Edmonton South
- One Child's Village: A Global Orphans Foundation
- HIV Network of Edmonton Society
- Edzimkulu, A Society for Children of AIDS
- Wildlife Rehabilitation Society of Edmonton
- Human Animal Rescue Team Society
- The Works International Visual Arts Society
- The Edmonton Folk Music Festival Society
- Heritage Community Foundation
- Film and Video Arts Society of Alberta
- Youth Emergency Shelter Society of Edmonton
- The Society of Beaux Esprits Playschool
- Society for Safe and Caring Schools and Communities
- Big Brothers and Big Sisters Society of Edmonton and Area
- Aboriginal Youth and Family Well-Being and Education Society
- Compassion House Foundation
- Alberta Cancer Foundation
- United Way of Alberta, Capital Region
- Spirit Keeper Youth Society
- Primrose Place Family Centre Association
- Alberta Caregivers Association
- The Support Network - An Edmonton Society Responding to Personal and Community Needs
- St Joseph's Auxiliary Hospital Foundation
- Glenrose Rehabilitation Hospital Foundation
- Capital Health
- Casa Foundation
- Canadian Mental Health Association - Edmonton Region
- Wecan Food Basket Society of Alberta
- Alberta Foodbank Network Association
- Habitat for Humanity - Edmonton Society
- Candeo Housing Association
- ABC Head Start Society
- Alberta Book Fair Society
- Centre for Family Literacy Society of Alberta